A complete step-by-step guide to activating any Bank Of Montreal (BMO) card. Learn how to perform activation of BMO: Debit Card, Credit Card, Master Card, and Harris Card – using online, by phone, or ATM methods. BMO card activation just got easier!
If you are a new Bank of Montreal customer and have just received your brand new BMO Credit/Debit card… we are pretty sure that you might be looking forward to using it for purchases. But before you start using your card, there’s still one important step: That is “ACTIVATING YOUR BMO CARD”.
Bank Of Montreal (BMO) Card Activation Guide
Bank of Montreal issues three different types of cards: BMO Credit Card, BMO Debit Card, and BMO Harris Card. For security reasons, the Bank of Montreal sends its BMO cards to its users in a deactivated state. This means all of these cards have to be activated by the user before they can be used for transactions. Each of these cards has different activation methods.
Have you recently received your BMO card? This post here shares a complete guideline on BMO Card Activation. No matter which card-type you have, this post has got you covered. Here we have shared activation methods for the following cards:
How To Activate BMO Credit Card?
BMO Credit Card Activation can be performed online or by phone.
BMO Credit Card Activation Online
For activating your BMO Credit Card using the online method, you need to:
- Visit the BMO Credit Card Online Activation Portal @bmo.com/credit card activate
- Enter your BMO Credit Card number in the box and click Submit
- Follow the prompts to complete the activation. Details asked may include: your full name, DOB, address, father/mother name, phone number
- Enter the 3-digit CVV mentioned at the back of your credit card
- Congratulations, your BMO Credit Card will now be activated.
BMO Credit Card Activation by Phone
For activating your BMO Credit Card by phone, you need to:
- Dial BMO Credit Card hotlines @ 1-855-825-9237 or 1-855-825-9238 or 1-888-340-2265
- Cardholders can also call the number mentioned on the back of their credit cards
- Your call will be transferred to a customer support agent, who will verify your information by asking your Credit Card number, CVV number, Full Name, Phone Number, etc
- On successful verification, your BMO Credit Card will be activated instantly by the support agent.
How To Activate BMO Harris Bank Debit MasterCard?
BMO Debit Card Activation can only be performed by the phone method. For the activation, you need to:
- Dial BMO Debit Card Activation 24/7 hotline @ 1-877-547-7994
- The customer support agent will ask for general info like your Debit Card number, the 3-digit CVV, your Full Name, Date of Birth, Father name, Phone number, etc
- On successful verification, your BMO Debit Card will be activated in an instant.
*Note: If it’s a replacement debit card, simply make a transaction using your existing PIN at any ATM or in-store and your card will be activated.
The same activation procedure needs to be followed when activating BMO Harris Card, BMO Debit Card, and other BMO Mastercards.
Activating Your BMO Credit & Debit Card For ONLINE BANKING
After your BMO Debit or Credit Cards have been fully activated, you can use them for purchases and transactions. However, if you want your BMO Debit/Credit Card activated for online banking as well, here’s what you can do.
Note: You can activate your BMO cards for online banking only when your cards have been pre-activated. If your card is not activated, follow the above mentioned guide and then proceed to this online banking activation.
Registering BMO Credit Card for Online Banking
- Visit BMO Credit Card Online Banking Registration Portal [CLICK HERE]
- Enter your 16-digit card number without spaces or dashes
- Verify your identity by answering different questions such as your what’s your full name, date of birth, place, phone number, father name, etc
- On successful completion, your BMO Credit Card will be activated for Online Banking.
Registering BMO Debit Card for Online Banking
- Visit BMO Debit Card Online Banking Registration Portal [CLICK HERE]
- Enter your card number and bank account number
- Verify your identity by answering different personal questions
- Your BMO Debit Card will be activated for Online Banking.
Important Things To Keep In Mind
When activating your BMO Debit/Credit cards:
- make sure you have your card in handy
- make sure you provide the correct information
- make sure you are performing the activation as the owner of the card and not asking someone else to call or activate the card on your behalf. If found guilty, your card will not be activated unless and until you visit the branch and verify your identity.
- for online activation, make sure you have a stable internet connection
- for activation via phone, make sure you have sufficient credit available for the call
- never allow your browser to remember your password, especially on shared and/or public devices
What To Do In Case Of Any Problem or Confusion?
In case of any trouble or confusion, you can always contact Bank of Montreal’s 24/7 helpline or send them a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. Here we have mentioned some best ways to reach out to BMO’s professional staff in case of urgent help:
- BMO Customer Care (Canada): 1-844-837-9228
- BMO Customer Care (US): 1-888-340-2265
- BMO Credit Card Inquiry Department: 1-800-263-2263
- BMO Facebook Chat Help
- BMO Twitter Help
- For more, you can visit the BMO Contact Centre.
So, guys, this is how you can fully activate your BMO Debit Card and BMO Credit Card. We hope you found this card activation guide useful.